Answered: Insufficient privileges to post.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a quick observation here. If someone is interested in the SB “Community” they will naturally join in with discussions and questions, etc. and 10 posts actually becomes a fairly low bar. If you’re just here to sell off your junk or worse still, to try to fleece folks, you probably don’t belong here anyway.

So stop by, kick off your fins, and sit down to get to know us. Then if you want to conduct any selling or buying, you’ll understand what we’re all about here. If you just want to sell off grampa’s moldy old gear, try your local Craig’s List or FaceBook! 💻

JMHO ~ 🐸

Trying to list a Bauer Oceanis II Gas powered compressor. but can't find the classified link to post?
Was that section deleted?

Trying to list a Bauer Oceanis II Gas powered compressor. but can't find the classified link to post?
Was that section deleted?

Yep, here I am generating a post to meet the requirements. Not sure how this prevents scammers. Can't they just do the same thing? I want to make a purchase, not try to sell something, it seems it should be different.

Just a quick observation here. If someone is interested in the SB “Community” they will naturally join in with discussions and questions, etc. and 10 posts actually becomes a fairly low bar. If you’re just here to sell off your junk or worse still, to try to fleece folks, you probably don’t belong here anyway.

So stop by, kick off your fins, and sit down to get to know us. Then if you want to conduct any selling or buying, you’ll understand what we’re all about here. If you just want to sell off grampa’s moldy old gear, try your local Craig’s List or FaceBook! 💻

JMHO ~ 🐸
Some people don't naturally take place in conversations. I learn so much on here reading other posts. I also regularly see posts that get responses like, "do a search, this has been discussed before" which seems to actively discourage many questions.

Yep, here I am generating a post to meet the requirements. Not sure how this prevents scammers. Can't they just do the same thing? I want to make a purchase, not try to sell something, it seems it should be different.
A single post like this may be tolerated--indeed, here you are even voicing an opinion, which is great--but a member who makes repeated garbage posts to increase their post count will be dealt with.
Some people don't naturally take place in conversations. I learn so much on here reading other posts. I also regularly see posts that get responses like, "do a search, this has been discussed before" which seems to actively discourage many questions.
@The Chairman wants SB to be a friendly place, where even questions that have been asked before are welcome. If someone unkindly (and unhelpfully) retorts "do a search!" please try to ignore it. When I see a question for which I know there are past threads that might be helpful, I sometimes proactively do a search and post links to the past threads. Maybe it's the passive-aggressive's version of "do a search!" but at least it's helpful. :D

There are so many sub-forums here covering every aspect of diving (and even non-diving) activities that you could imagine, surely there is something that interests you enough to participate now and then? You could post a brief report about your latest diving adventure, or some pics if you're a photographer. Even if your diving is local and seemingly routine, others might be interested in how YOU do it, what you saw, what dive boat or shop you use, and so forth.

@JorinB, I tend to be a “joiner-inner” in the conversations. The thing about doing a search means you can join a topic after reading what’s al ready on the table and are up to speed with what others have already said. If you join in with additional comments or questions that extend an existing conversation, this is welcome. I personally have only received one really negative comment toward my posts (of which I have several hundred) and I figure everybody has a bad day, so join in and find your niche where you can be an active participant. This isn’t somebody’s podcast… if we don’t have participants contributing, we have no content.
🐸

please try to ignore it.
Or report it, especially in the New To Scuba and Basic Scuba areas. Those are considered learning areas and friendly is the only way to respond there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom