Answered: Insufficient privileges to post.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trying to post a wanted, but seems to have insufficient privileges.. Let me try to get my post count up
Also, if someone sees a Teric or MK2i for sale with transmitter, please shoot them my way :)
There’s a forum here called Introductions & Greets. An easy first post is to tell people a little about yourself. Where are you from, what kind of diving you like to do, etc.

I understand what the 10 posts is trying to do, but I worry it may just generate low quality posts as this thread indicates. Another forum site I’m a member of makes members wait 12 months before having access to the classifieds - that tends to weed out the scammers, and then buyers can look at the quality of the persons profile when trading with them. Seems to work well. Food for thought!

I understand what the 10 posts is trying to do, but I worry it may just generate low quality posts as this thread indicates. Another forum site I’m a member of makes members wait 12 months before having access to the classifieds - that tends to weed out the scammers, and then buyers can look at the quality of the persons profile when trading with them. Seems to work well. Food for thought!
It is not a bad idea. However, it keeps a lot of “normal” non-hacker people out. Think of someone who tried scuba, outfitted themselves with a total diving system but it didn’t take and now trying to recoup some of the costs. I also see a number of posters in classifieds who are getting out of scuba because of health changes or age. Making them wait for 12 or even 6 months is kind of draconian.
I don’t know what is the right way to keep scammers out, but 10 posts is at least some type of an obstacle - at expense of what you described as a possibility of lower quality posts.

Another “good food for thought” is to limit classified to supporting members. This would really improve security (in the way it is a type of verification process by providing PayPal account). However, once again it would alienate a lot of people. One just has to be careful who they deal with. Not everything has to be restricted at an administrative level. A buyer/seller can do their own research and engage with the members they know through personal interactions or with rich history…

It is not a bad idea. However, it keeps a lot of “normal” non-hacker people out. Think of someone who tried scuba, outfitted themselves with a total diving system but it didn’t take and now trying to recoup some of the costs. I also see a number of posters in classifieds who are getting out of scuba because of health changes or age. Making them wait for 12 or even 6 months is kind of draconian.
I don’t know what is the right way to keep scammers out, but 10 posts is at least some type of an obstacle - at expense of what you described as a possibility of lower quality posts.

People can go sell their gear on FB if they don’t want to deal with this requirement. SB is more than just a place to sell gear. That’s the issue - people have never been a member here, then they want to sell their stuff and get their knickers in a twist they just can’t get rid of it right away.

I think 10 posts is reasonable. As mentioned earlier, it should not too difficult to find a thread or two that you are interested in. After all, that is what SB is all about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom