Answered: Insufficient privileges to post.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Restrictions are now in place for classifieds and messages, for new users.
A low post count and low reaction score is considered a new user by the system.

We're looking into better solutions for classifieds.
I was just wondering out of curiosity...

I totally get why we would want active and contributing folks on the site to have privileges for selling gear, and the posting minimum sounds like a great idea. However, I'm just wondering how the reaction score correlates? There is no real rubric for reactions and consequently very subjective? Someone could be posting about very factual event, but it may be to the displeasure of the community, how does this de-legitimize this persons creditably and subsequently affect the access one has to participate as other members do?

I was just wondering if there had been any further brainstorming? :) I believe that this site is off to a great start, but (all members) could probably benefit from some continued Strat-Planning.

:D

so ridiculous. used the site daily for 15 years, and came back after leaving the sport to sell some stuff - not permitted....

I was just wondering out of curiosity...

I totally get why we would want active and contributing folks on the site to have privileges for selling gear, and the posting minimum sounds like a great idea. However, I'm just wondering how the reaction score correlates? There is no real rubric for reactions and consequently very subjective? Someone could be posting about very factual event, but it may be to the displeasure of the community, how does this de-legitimize this persons creditably and subsequently affect the access one has to participate as other members do?

I was just wondering if there had been any further brainstorming? :) I believe that this site is off to a great start, but (all members) could probably benefit from some continued Strat-Planning.

:D
How the score correlates is absolutely subjective. The AI algorithm does not look at measurable facts like post counts or any other countable facts that scammers use to gain access to a possible victim market.

What works really well in making these changes work for you, is contacting a moderator and asking for access. This was discussed earlier in another thread.
Or.....you don't accept changes and simply express your disagreement. There are several ways and levels for this. Example:

so ridiculous. used the site daily for 15 years, and came back after leaving the sport to sell some stuff - not permitted....

I agree. Totally ridiculous.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom