Instructors in West Palm Beach area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All,

My wife and I are planning a week in West Palm Beach in early March. We'd like to get in 4-5 days of diving and complete our AOW certifications, probably Nitrox as well. We're both novice divers (I was certified last summer, she started diving again last year after ~10 years).

After searching the forum it's obvious there are a number of quality dive shops in the area. Does anyone have a specific shop or instructor they'd recommend for AOW training?

How about must-do dives in the area? We'll have a car and are considering the keys for a day or two, but don't really have any concrete plans at this time so we'd welcome any input.

-Scott

I would reccomend The Scuba Club in West Palm, ask for J.D. Duff, he is the owner, and has been diving for longer then many can count.

http://www.thescubclub.com

just my opinion, if Walter says he's good, he must be actually FANTASTIC....! Don't forget to post a new thread when the time gets closer to ya'll coming down this way. The Florida Conch Divers are always up to something and there's a pretty good chance we can all get together while your down..

Cheers,
Vickie

My wife and I have hooked up with Abernathy for our AOW this April. My LDS uses them for their charters, so hopefully that is a positive recommendation.

dsaxe01:
I would reccomend The Scuba Club in West Palm, ask for J.D. Duff, he is the owner, and has been diving for longer then many can count.

I conducted an instructor crossover at The SCUBA Club in the early '90's. J. D. was the manager (not owner) at the time. He and Wayne Shoemake (also an instructor at the SCUBA Club) were two of the folks getting crossed over to YMCA. They were quite impressive in their teaching ability and their knowlege of diving. I would also recommend either of them, they along with MB are in a very elite group of very talented instructors with few peers.

Walter:
I would also recommend either of them, they along with MB are in a very elite group of very talented instructors with few peers.
OK, if you're going to put that kind of pressure on, I'll brush off my good teaching hat...

Walter:
I conducted an instructor crossover at The SCUBA Club in the early '90's. J. D. was the manager (not owner) at the time. He and Wayne Shoemake (also an instructor at the SCUBA Club) were two of the folks getting crossed over to YMCA. They were quite impressive in their teaching ability and their knowlege of diving. I would also recommend either of them, they along with MB are in a very elite group of very talented instructors with few peers.

Hhhmmm, I was just starting to look around for a good instructor to do my Divemaster certification with. This thread has been very helpful. I had been talking to Susan, the DM (she's an instructor) on Ray's boat The Narcosis, and I had considered someone I knew from our local dive club (Alpha Diver's - now defunct) Jen Christiansen. I'll now expand my research...

Thanks everyone.

Thank you all for the recommendations! I'll do some follow-ups, we can't wait to get down there!

-Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom