Instructors in central Ny

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, Skb. I'm hardly ever on SB anymore, which is why I just came across your post. I'm in Syracuse too, have trained with Bob Sherwood, and am active in the GUE community.

You may be interested in the skills workshop we're having the first weekend of June. There will be four in-water sessions where you can work on buoyancy, trim, finning techniques, and more. You can meet five GUE instructors from the US and Canada, and get an idea of what GUE is all about.

FB event page is here.

Feel free to PM me, and we can exchange contact info.
Great thanks for the info. I'll send a PM

You also might consider contacting Dave at Delta Divers in Rome. (He is down in Grand Turk for the next week or two.) He is a PADI CD so he could take you right through to an IDC if you choose.

As a side note (and totally unrelated), I could really go for a trip to the Dinosaur right about now.

You know there is one now in Buffalo, right?

Yes I do, and I have been trying to talk many of my friends into a road trip for lunch, but so far no luck (90 minutes + Border crossing each way).

I is significantly loss than (west to east) Rochester, Syracuse, Troy, & Harlem.....

add NEXUS, and it gets better....

then again,if the QEW was like it was yesterday:
upload_2017-3-14_7-50-26.png

nothing is happening quickly....

There are 3 places in Syr that will do Divemaster training: National Aquatic, Aquatic World and Deep Stop Scuba. Talk with the instructors who do the DM training to get an idea of costs and what to expect.

There are 3 places in Syr that will do Divemaster training: National Aquatic, Aquatic World and Deep Stop Scuba. Talk with the instructors who do the DM training to get an idea of costs and what to expect.
Thanks. I have spoke to deep stop and Fingerlakes scuba. I wanted to see other people's experiences with local instructors.

Back
Top Bottom