Installing buckle on 2" webbing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O2BBubbleFree

Contributor
Reaction score
I've got a minor question r.e. a one-piece 'stiff' nylon harness. Let's see, should I post it under DIR? No, not a DIR setup. Hog? Well, it's not a hog set-up either, Vintage? My set-up is from the 70's, so just 'Classic.', but I gotta pick one...

Anyway, enough of that, on to the question...

After you lace a buckle on to the 2" webbing, what do you do to secure the webbing tail? I had mine duct-taped, which works fine but looks a little redneck. So I cut up a bicycle inner tube and replaced the tape. It looks great 'til you flex it a couple of times, then the end slides right out from under the inner tube section. Guess I could use a weight keeper to hold it down, but somehow that doesn't sit right...

Right now I'm planning on replacing the duct tape and putting the inner tube section over it, but thought someone might suggest something I haven't thought of.

And, yes, it works fine with nothing, I just want to 'clean' it up some.

You must have a really short tail on the webbing. I use inner tube on mine, and it stays obediently in place.

TSandM:
You must have a really short tail on the webbing. I use inner tube on mine, and it stays obediently in place.

'bout 1.5" or so...

Oh -- With the stiff webbing, I can see how that could be problematic. I have about 4" on mine.

TSandM:
Oh -- With the stiff webbing, I can see how that could be problematic. I have about 4" on mine.

Maybe I'll try moving the buckle back a ways. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom