Inspiration prices in UK/US?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got mine from Singapore agent.

Did all the booking myself .... of course my instructor know about it.

I guess the Singapore Agent must have sold 20++ unit of inspiration so far.

Is the price good?

:D

Your price in $USD is approx $5700.. Thats cheaper than I have to sell the unit to make a profit.. We get killed with duty and shipping costs in the US, plus to do it right we have to equip the unit with DOT cylinders which are much more expensive than the cylinders APvalves sells..

Even though you booked directly your agent most likely has a running order if he has sold that many units and only has to make size changes to the order..

I HAVE HEARD THAT THE INSPRIATION REBREATHER IS AN ILEGAL PIECE OF DIVING EQUIPMENT IN THE US AND THOSE WHO HAVE THEM HAVE SMUGGLED THEM IN FROM CANADA. I HAVE ALSO HEARD THAT THEY HAVE JUST BEEN RE CLASSIFIED AS A MILITARY WEAPON. IS THEY ANY TRUTHE TO THIS.

Nope,
Directly shipped from Uk through US customs and listed on customs declaration.. My last shipment was 3 units and no delays whatsoever.
ALso if it was illegal do you think all the Inspiration instructors in the US would have their contact information listed if they were involved with something illegal.
see http://www.ambientpressurediving.com/inspusa.html

The only thing that many dealers do is sell them with cylinders that don't meet DOT requirements(not illegal to sell but its against DOT regulations to fill).. These cylinders also don't meet CTC requirements and fall into the same category as in the US but it seems most canadian dive shops don't care. I buy the units from the UK without cylinders and add US DOT/CTC certified cylinders..

Nope not a weapon.. The only rebreathers that usually need special approval (and thats usually for the exporting country) are those designed with non magnetic signatures.. The inspiration uses plenty of stuff that can be detected..

Under UK law The inspiration requires an export license when Shipping out of the EU, there are exceptions, and the US and Canada are on the exception list.

Currently only ANDI and IANTD will certify students in the US, TDI will not endorse the unit until there is a US distributor, which would have to take out product liability insurance which would raise the US price by $1200 (I don;t remember where I read that figure).

I know the FBI has visited ANDI hq, and I was told they visited IANTD (as well as all other scuba agencies). ANDI refused the FBI request for all student files (part of licensee confidentiality agreement), the FBI said all other agencies complied.. ANDI did allow the files to be reviewed by agents but no student lists were given.

ANDI is to be robustly applauded for refusing to give out others and my confidential information, considering I didn't authorize such.

I was told by a PADI instructor that PADI gave the list to the FBI.......spineless cowards..........

The government has no business spying on people engaging in lawful acitvities. I would rather run the risk of injury from an Al Queda type coming at me with a 'breather then the government violating my liberty.

"Anyone willing to give up essential liberty for a little bit of peace and security is worthy of neither"

-Benjamin Franklin
US Consitutional Framer

Back
Top Bottom