Inspected vessel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

murphyjones

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm converting a pleasure boat to a inspected charter its a 40 foot twin hull aluminum cruiser the only problem i'm having is the stabilizing test. The coast guard tell me I need a computerized stabalizing test, but I can't find someone to do it. any information would appreciated . Our last boat that did we only needed a in water test but because of the twin hull we need a computerized one, we need this for the amount of passangers we can carry, we would like around 30 but the test will tell us. thanks

Hi Murphy,

On our Inspected 41' Aluminum Cat, the builder's Naval Architect did the stability calculations and inclining test for the Certificate of Inspection. Have you contacted the manufacturer? They should be able to provide the information that the USCG wants.

The cat that we are rebuilding was built by aluminum cruisers out of St louis I can't find any information on them maybe out of business. It doesn't make any difference the boat is stripped down and is being repowered right now. the problem with wisconsin is a shortage of naval architects.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom