Inside the SDA, about the battery replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the solar panel supplies approx half of the power to run the screen when it's illuminated and the 'sun' icon is full. when the screen is off, the it is trickle charging 2 min of direct light = approx 1 min of run time. shining an hid on it during a dive will 'buy you time'

What size is the inbus key (allen key? in English) you used? I lost the one which came with the uemis and I am having trouble finding one that fits..

We digged out old battery today. Filler is rather soft, definitively not epoxy, not difficult to remove. Cut into battery looking for clues - no markings of any kind. Battery does not have any protective layer so before we knew it we were inside the battery. It got hot and I burned my finger, so be carefull there! How did you guys power it up without battery?

yeah this is lithium polymer so if you do so, reading about safety about handling those battery is the first thing to do as they can be dangerous (ie risk of fire). Look for "lithium polymer safety" in google.

we were able to start the computer connecting power source - 3.7V battery - to the little board which is inside batter compartment. I am assuming it's voltage regulator. Computer booted fine. Now it's time to find adequate battery. Suggestions?

Nope... except that you have to look for a 3.7V battery with a capacity of around 900 mAh. People are still looking for the right battery. Apparently it was custom made therefore finding a suitable replacement might not be simple. The little board inside the battery compartment is actually the protection circuit board for the battery.

And btw congratulation, you're the second person on earth outside UEMIS that has been able to wake a dead SDA up from the dead.

No need for the inbus, it's just a pin, you can push it out with any pointed tool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom