Inon Z-240 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Storm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was talking to someone about an Inon Z-240 and he mentioend it's a Type 2.

Does the Type 2 meanin anything important. Was there a problem with Type 1 (if they even exitsed.)

I didn't start researching Inon until late last year, but the inon web site doesnlt even mention a type 1.

Any thoughts.

OK, found a little nugget buried in Inon Japan's news release forum...

Appears that they started to ship out a Type 2 for the Z-240, D-2000, and D-2000s around Oct 2006. My Japanese is a bit rusty but I believe this was to make them more compatable with the Nikon D200 and D80. I believe this was due to the nature of the preflash on these two camera being faster and maybe the type 1's could not sync with them properly.

Edit: I think this problem is only when using the optical cable. Again, my Japanese is not so sharp lately so I'm not 100% sure... Maybe a Japanese native speaker could translate the full text below (or maybe Inon America could get off their **** and add a translation to their website)... Too much technical jargon for me to digest... :D

original text in Japanese... INON Information

Thanks. I was just wondering because I've got a shot at a decent deal on a Z-240 but was concerend as the guy wnet out of is way to mention that is was a type 2, and I was concerned about compatability when optically fired from my Powershot A80.

Back
Top Bottom