Inon D2000 problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverrick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After going on a dive trip far far away last month, I found out that I could not turn off the spoting light, no matter what I did.
I had never had any issues with it before this. Never been flooded, or dropped. It usually pulsed for the correct time, then shut off, or stayed on if the switch was set to that position.
This trip it just kept on and pulsing like it was going to shut off , but itwould not turn off at all, except at the main power switch, no matter what position the light switch was in. I finally put tape over the light and dove the whole week like that.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might start in fixing this, or maybe where I could send it to for repairs?
If the light stays on, it ruins the picture, I found out. I thought the flash would over power it, but it did not.
Thanks

I had opposite problem with SS110alpha. Could not make the focus light turn on and worse, would not engage the TTL setting. Moving vigorously the switch would eventually engage it. I heard of similar complaint on the SS110alpha and I think it has to do with the contacts in the back in my case.
Possibly there is a contact issue in yours too but the electronics could be an issue as well. In case it's the electronics it is going to cost. I just sent my flash for a fix as I decided to sell mine...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom