Inoculations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jill-

We actually got all our shots/meds through a travel clinic. Our regular doctor gave us the number. The travel clinic will likely go over all recommended meds for Roatan. You have to pick and choose how many you want to get, I'm pretty sure we declined to get a couple more that were recommended. Rakay reminded me about the sunscreen. The malaria meds do make you more susceptible to sunburns so make sure you put them on if your going to be exposed for a good amount of time. I didn't put any sunscreen on during our dolphin encounter at Anthony's Key on our last day before heading home. Stupid on my part but I didn't even think about the medicine I was taking. Of course not only does it make you more susceptible to sunburn but then it becomes ineffective with the lidocaine!

Glad you liked my photos. I always try to take a ton to give people an idea of what to expect. I would definitely go back! We just got back from our Belize/Nekton trip two weeks ago and unfortunatly had some things happen which are being discussed in the Accident forum and in the liveaboard forum. It wasn't a horrendous trip but there were some issues. You do feel waves on the Nekton boats but probably a whole lot less than you would on a single hull. That being said, another group just got off yesterday and the waves were reportedly 12 feet tall and they had to cut the mooring line off the boat.

Galapagos is my dream trip, my local shop is going there in July on the Explorer Ventures Eco boat, which is a brand new boat and it looks incredible. Expensive, but it will be well worth it someday when I convince my husband to book it!

Back
Top Bottom