Inner tube sizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lil_mac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is there a standard size inner tube that woks for the Hogarthian style harness?

I had an old tire inner tube I tried to use and it was way too big. With so many Mfg. Making kits, I would assume there is a standard size they are getting off the shelf. Any idea on what it might be?

Thanks,

I went to WalMart, jacked a ruler out of the school supply section. Then went to the bike section and measured tubes till I found one close to 2".

Stop by your local bike shop and ask them for some blown tubes. Sometimes they don't want to part with them (afraid you'll try to patch them) so explain what you want them for and let them cut the tube. As far as sizing goes, the best results seem to be 2.2" or 2-3/8" but the dead ones are usually free so collect a few different sizes and pick the one that works best for you.

As far as sizing goes, the best results seem to be 2.2" or 2-3/8" ...

Webbing's 2" wide ... seems like those would be too big.

I use 1.75" ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

They all stretch over time... get whats free, it'll work :p This isn't rocket science.

If they are a little too small you can cut across the tube diagonally to increase the size. One dead mnt. bike tube will last a lifetime.

what I want to know is precisely what size inner tube I need for AL80 and AL40 stages to capture the regulator hose.

I bought a wheelbarrow tube but it's too small and doesn't stretch much.

Thanks! :)

what I want to know is precisely what size inner tube I need for AL80 and AL40 stages to capture the regulator hose.

I bought a wheelbarrow tube but it's too small and doesn't stretch much.

Thanks! :)

al40 motorcycle tube, cut diagonally to increase size as need
al80 any car size

still not rocket science :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom