Inn of Last Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lemurs2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone stayed at the Inn of Last Resort in Roatan? We will be going there the 1st week of Feb '06. I've checked the boards but all I can find are reviews on AKR, CCV and RHR. I did read good reviews about it on tripadvisor and people really liked the diving

lemurs2:
Has anyone stayed at the Inn of Last Resort in Roatan? We will be going there the 1st week of Feb '06. I've checked the boards but all I can find are reviews on AKR, CCV and RHR. I did read good reviews about it on tripadvisor and people really liked the diving
We were there in May 2002. I thought the resort was great, good food, and great diving. We went mostly because of a special deal they offered at the time, but we were not disappointed.

I hang out there about 8 weeks out of the year.....
They are located about a Mile from West End on the North side of the island......
The place is VERY clean.. 34 rooms.. all have AC.... Food is very good.....
The dive operation in excellent and all the dive sites are with in 15 minute boat ride...

If you do a surch on this board on Howiedean or click on my name at the corner of this post then click show all posts by Howiedean... think you will find all the info you need..........

The really special thing about the Inn is the laided back atmosphere... They will make you feel like a member of the family rather then a customer.....

I assure you they will bend over backwards to try to make your stay the best it can be..............

If you have any specific questions... pm... me or just post them....

:D I, too, stayed at the Inn over Memorial Day in 2005 and it was truly wonderful. Andy, the owner and builder of the Inn, along with Vern and Melissa, the managers, make you feel as if you are part of a family instead of a customer.

They have two big dive boats that you can see on their website. When we were there we never had more than 8 divers to a boat and they could easily hold 12+. If they have a good number of people staying in the resort they will divide the divers between the boats based on the experience level of the divers. Of course, if you are advanced and your buddy is a beginner they will not spilt you up. Most dives were right at an hour long except of the deeper wreck dives.

The food is good quality and there is not a lack of it either. Breakfast is made to order while lunch and dinner is served off the menu with several choices for the main course. One night you have a bbq at the lagoon during sunset which is a lot of fun.

One of the things that I really liked about diving with the Inn was that they never made you feel as if you were on a schedule. You did not feel like you had to set an alarm clock (heaven forbid on vacation) to get all your dives in during the day. I have been spoiled by the shore diving freedom of Bonaire so no schedule means a lot to me while I am on vacation. The dive staff is very nice and will help you as much or as little as you want them too.

If you have any other questions feel free to send me a PM.

scubaotter:
:D I, too, stayed at the Inn over Memorial Day in 2005 and it was truly wonderful. Andy, the owner and builder of the Inn, along with Vern and Melissa, the managers, make you feel as if you are part of a family instead of a customer.

They have two big dive boats that you can see on their website. When we were there we never had more than 8 divers to a boat and they could easily hold 12+. If they have a good number of people staying in the resort they will divide the divers between the boats based on the experience level of the divers. Of course, if you are advanced and your buddy is a beginner they will not spilt you up. Most dives were right at an hour long except of the deeper wreck dives.

The food is good quality and there is not a lack of it either. Breakfast is made to order while lunch and dinner is served off the menu with several choices for the main course. One night you have a bbq at the lagoon during sunset which is a lot of fun.

One of the things that I really liked about diving with the Inn was that they never made you feel as if you were on a schedule. You did not feel like you had to set an alarm clock (heaven forbid on vacation) to get all your dives in during the day. I have been spoiled by the shore diving freedom of Bonaire so no schedule means a lot to me while I am on vacation. The dive staff is very nice and will help you as much or as little as you want them too.

If you have any other questions feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks all for the input, this sounds like it'll be great. The only warm water diving we've done was in the Cook islands which was great. Does anyone go through a travel agency or do you just do everything yourselves? We are spending 3 nights in La Ceiba, 3 nights in Utila and 4 nights at ILR

I have never used a travel agency for any of my trips but, there are some that won't plan a trip without one. In today's world of computers you can do everything yourself and often times save yourself some money in the process.

They have two nice boats and usually small groups. They are based close to the West End if you want the option of getting out of the resort for a few hours in the evening. On the downside it is a shame they don't contribute to the marine park along with nearly all the other dive ops who operate within its boundries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom