Inn of Last Resort for snorkeling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spoobs

Registered
Reaction score
We will be in Roatan for a day and wanted a place with good snorkeling from the beach. We are considering spending the day at Inn of Last Resort or BIBR. Any opinions as to which has better snorkeling from the beach? Both offer boat snorkeling trips- has anyone done either of these?

Just returned from our fourth visit to the Inn of Last Resort. I'm a diver, but my wife is a snorkeler. She's had many wonderful snorkels from the boat while I've been diving (even on a couple of drift dives!) and can highly recommend it. The dive staff has always been very attentive to both the needs and wants of the divers and the snorkelers, and the boat drivers do a good job in keeping watch for the needs of the snorkelers while the divers are under.

As for a beach, the Inn doesn't have a true beach. It does have a nice lagoon (which has some interesting snorkeling) with a pier that takes you to a nice covered cabana and sundeck about 100 feet out in the lagoon. I've spent many a late afternoon in a breeze cooled hamock in the cabana without the insect friends I've found on the beaches on Roatan. (The cabana/sundeck has been rebuilt and about doubled in size since the attached picture was taken.)

Whatever you do, enjoy your time on Roatan.

Back
Top Bottom