Ingrown hairs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Msr1015

Registered
Reaction score
Hello I recently Did my OW certification this past weekend. I had on a 7mm wetsuit and on Monday morning I woke Up with a clump of ingrown hairs behind my left knee. Assuming this is from my wetsuit. Anything to prevent this? Would Lycra leggings help?

I don't recall hearing of anyone suggesting that wetsuits cause ingrown hairs. I suppose a wetsuit that is too tight or otherwise poorly fitting and rubs against the skin throughout the dive could cause something like that. I'm curious if someone will chime in with a similar anecdote as yours.

Panty hose and a shaver :wink: !

Just saying, lol!

Sorry, not laughing at your expense, lycra leggings or panty hose, for real. Divers used to do that to ease on neoprene in suits. But it might help with the ingrown hair issue because it would provide a slip surface other than your skin.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom