Informative Link on bag sizes for various airlines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sactomags

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Because we all travel with so many goodies -- dive gear, cameras, housings, strobes, not to mention clothes, I just found this info on a site. Although they sell bags, etc., the info is still good to have/note for future travel, plus they also give the airlines' number to call.

http://www.ebags.com/info/media/ind..._on_reqs&MiniB_20_Link=Carry-On Approved Bags

I know last year I was searching for the maximum allowable size, and this would've been nice to have.

Happy travels,
Margaret

Sactomags,
Thanks for the link, I've been trying to "reconfigure" my gear packing, and that info will be very helpful.
Mike

I dont think for sturdiness, gear protection and lifetime guarantee you can beat Pelican bags. The downsides are....they cost a lot.. and ... they "stand out".
What i mean by stand out is....thieves know there is dive gear in there (assuming youre going to a dive location) ... and they weigh a good deal just empty.
I would not recommend traveling with any Pelican case bigger than the 1650. Empty it weighs 24 lbs. But, I watched luggage being literally thrown all over the place and be mistreated in many ways....so ... you have to decide, do you want to dive 100ft after your gear has been treated like that??
I just did a trip with the new case 1660...way too big to handle and cost me $160 fines in weight overages.
Check out the Pelican Case site.

An alternative to Pelican cases are Hardigg Storm Cases see http://www.stormcase.com/ After years of using Pelican Cases to transport test equipment around the world, our case vendor (that sells both), gave me a sample Storm Case. To the say the least I was skeptical, why change something that works. But after using them I actually prefer the Storm Cases because of the latches and automatic pressure relive valves.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom