Information about Wings BCs...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello Everybody! I am doing a research regarding Wing BCs. Everybody has a different opinions on the kind of wing to use and I want to know more about it.

First is, what should I look for in a wing? What is the recommended material? What do you check in terms of durability? Can the bladder be replaced? How much lift is recommended when i'm using single tank most of the time. And availability of spare parts? Is there a good wing which is not very expensive?

Second: Where can I get it here in the Philippines?

Hope you can help me with all my questions. Thanks in advance...

Suspended, you would be much better off posting your question in the equipment section under buoyancy compensators... People there will be able to advise you as to the pros and cons of each brand/ model. Then once you have it figured out (what you want) you could ask here specifically where in the Philippines you could find it!

Buoyancy Compensators (BC's) and Weight Systems - ScubaBoard

Just a suggestion! In think morepeople on the other forum will be better placed to answer your questions:coffee:

I was in your position about 3 years ago. I think the best way would be to try one with the help of somebody knowledgeable on how to adjust the harness properly. I posted a message and luckily somebody was willing to have me try on a set. After that I never dove jackets again. In Manila you can rent a BP/W set at Diver's Point.

BP&W diving seems to be much more popular with Manila based divers than elsewhere in Asia.

There's quite a few shops in Metro Manila that sell backplate/wing systems. You can get Halcyon, OMS, Oxycheq and others...

As CODMAN suggest... it'd be better to decide exactly what your requirements and preferences are, then we can direct you to the appropriate retailer.

Back
Top Bottom