Info on IDEA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Juanelo

New
Reaction score
What could anyone tell me about the International Divers Educators Association? Is there any difference between IDEA and others more popular like PADI, or is it just the same?
Also, where could i get the diving tables used by IDEA?

Thanks!

I don't have specific info on IDEA's standards, but no two agencies have the same standards. Sometimes there are major differences.

Ok Walter, thanks.
Now, that doesnt necessarily means that one is better than other, right? i mean, would you recommend to take the IDEA open water course, instead of the PADI certification?

Better is a matter of opinion. I don't know much about IDEA, so I have no opinion about their program. When two classes are different, that usually means one is better than the other. If you want to find the best class in your area, you need to ask some questions.

I have never heard of IDEA. Is it widely recognized enough so that there will be no questioning of their c-card if the OP travels overseas to dive? I read another thread about a bogus scuba agency that provides c-cards which are basically worthless and not recognized by anyone. That poster had to redo the OW course with a more recognized and legitimate agency.

I have never heard of IDEA. Is it widely recognized enough so that there will be no questioning of their c-card if the OP travels overseas to dive? I read another thread about a bogus scuba agency that provides c-cards which are basically worthless and not recognized by anyone. That poster had to redo the OW course with a more recognized and legitimate agency.

I believe as you continue to dive and continue to hang aroung Scubaboard, you'll gradually become aware of many recognized agencies that you've yet to hear about. IDEA has been around a long time and is quite well recognized. Folks with an IDEA certification won't have any trouble with recognition.

That's what I was looking for, just to find out if it was recognized. I only know of SSI, SDI, TDI, NAUI, PADI, and YMCA. I just wanted to make sure it was like that scam thing from Spain.

AAUS, ACUC, ANDI, AUSI, CDAA, CMAS, DRI, GUE, HSA, IADRS, IANTD, IDEA, ISEA, MDEA, NACD, NAPD, NASDS (no longer operating, but cards are still recognized), NASAR, NASE, NAUI, NSS-CDS, PADI, PEDA, PDIC, PSA, SAA, SDI, SSI, TDI, WASI, YMCA........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom