Inflator Hose Routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's rig dependent, so basically everything tbone said is wrong on my watch. It's fairly useless to list the many possible routings when over 90% of them are irrelevant to you.

I don't know of any rigs this wouldn't work on....do you?

Well exactly. This using so much about if one configuration will work for everyone, obviously different rigs and circumstances require different approaches. It's really about what works for.

So really my question is what do YOU dive, Victor? How do You route regulators to fit that style?

Also @tbone1004

When ya coming down to cave country again? Still haven't got to meet up!

Tbone and I dive with similar hose routings. I don't believe in sm without turret first stages, something he and I have argued about plenty in the past.

However, my hose routing doesn't change based on the rig I'm diving. I mostly dive a modified sms100 with big steels, but it's the same setup with my razor and 80s or any other configuration. It gets a little goofy in single tank with a drysuit but works fine with just a couple hoses moving off my now-missing right post.

Hardly anyone dives a stealth with the setup he described. It might work, but it's definitely sub-optimal.

I never answered the question directly, though, so I apologize:
Right post gets drysuit inflator and long hose, both pointed towards the tank off the turret. Long hose routes across my body and begging my neck to hang the 2nd stage off my right shoulder. Inflator goes down then up.

Left post gets short hose and bcd inflator, both pointed up. Short hose reg goes behind my neck and reg sits on bungee. Inflator goes up and behind the short hose and plugs into my inflator.

I refuse to use the 5th ports anymore as the hoses dig incessantly. To get the hoses comfortable, I have to hang my tanks lower and more angled than I like.

Hardly anyone dives a stealth with the setup he described. It might work, but it's definitely sub-optimal.

I don't like his long inflator hoses or lack of swivel turrets, but there's nothing at all about the stealth that makes it "different" for hose routing.

Quick note: tbone is my main dive buddy (or would be if work didn't keep him so busy) , we're friends IRL and had a standing lunch date 4+ days per week for a couple years. I don't mind his setup, but certainly disagree with him on some points. It works well and is very clean, so I gladly dive with him.

I never answered the question directly, though, so I apologize:
Right post gets drysuit inflator and long hose, both pointed towards the tank off the turret. Long hose routes across my body and begging my neck to hang the 2nd stage off my right shoulder. Inflator goes down then up.

Left post gets short hose and bcd inflator, both pointed up. Short hose reg goes behind my neck and reg sits on bungee. Inflator goes up and behind the short hose and plugs into my inflator.

I refuse to use the 5th ports anymore as the hoses dig incessantly. To get the hoses comfortable, I have to hang my tanks lower and more angled than I like.

So essentially the same configuration minus the whacky no turret 1st stages.

Up or down orientation on spg's and 1st's?

I've got a number of rigs here. Been diving a stealth tec the last few weeks with nearly the same configuration on lp85's without any real issue. My biggest problem with the stealth really is the awful dump placement, but that's what I signed up for when I got it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom