Inflater valve leak on my TLS 350 Sig???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mayor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Sat I found I was a little wet after the dive. Looks to be the inflater valve area. Is there some kind of tool to tighten this up? Should my dealer have this tool? :D

Can you tighten it by hand? I have the tools for my SI Tech valves and had a leak recently that turned out to just be the valve needed a little bit more tension.

Can you tighten it by hand? I have the tools for my SI Tech valves and had a leak recently that turned out to just be the valve needed a little bit more tension.

Can't turn it by hand but it's leaking in that location for sure.

Have you tried putting your dry gloves, closing the exhaust valve, putting a big tub into the neck seal, blowing it up like a giant holiday float, and spraying some soapy water around looking for the leak?

Hi Mayor,

A couple of quick suggestions on the inlet valve;

The inlet valve can get water inside it when washed. When you hit the inlet button it will let this water in

The hose can have water inside it, once connected to the inlet valve it will let the water in.

If the inlet hose is connected in the water, this can cause water to go through the inlet valve.

If the valve gets over-torqued the o'ring can become dislodged. This can cause leakage. If this is the case it will most likely have to be replaced.

A small puncture could have been caused by the nipple on the inlet valve... this would cause a leak close to the valve

Was this a large or small amount of water?

Thanks,

Kathy at DUI

Removed valve and replaced it with a light amount of silcone. I hope this will resolve my issue but if not I will be sending it back as per the request of DUI. The dealer reviewed the problem with me and feels this is the fix as well. Will let you know.

As for the amount of water I can't say other then the suit was really damp inside. No pourable amounts were noticed. Hope to test it very soon.

Hi Mayor,

Thanks. And YES if this does not resolve the issue please send back to us.

Kathy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom