inflatable material

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nice-diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have always wanted an Achilles SU-18 workboat, 18' hypalon 4,000# capacity and last I seen the price was $18,000 just for the boat.

Does anyone have a Jupiter inflatable?? or similar $1500 for a 15' but I think the hull material isn't much better than a sevulor pool boat. I have never seen one. I DON'T want a ridgid, I already have a hard 17' runabout and I can't pull it with my MG or my bugs. I would mostly be doing freshwter lakes and pugent sound WA. by myself or a bud or two.

QUESTION: hypalon and a $4000 boat used or this "weaker?" material new and shiny??

thanks

Hypalon is awfully tough and stable over time and can be repaired in a variety of ways. I cannot say about some of the thermoplastic materials. I think that Zodiac and Mercury and a few others have a "economy" brand of inflatable made of some type of multilayer plastic. I am sure they do just fine but for heavy use I think that hypolon is the king of the hill. The boat pictured here has used engines from 15 to 50 horses and is approximately 14 feet of length. It was mostly used with a 25 horse Merc which I stupidly sold and I have no reason to have done so now leaving it with no engine. I purchased it around 1984 after trading a battle weary Achilles 12 footer against it. It and the Achilles are/were premium Hypalon material. N

DSCF0469.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom