Inflatable Life Boats

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

holstin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Have any of you seen the movie. "Lake Placid" with the alligator. in the movie the guy has a portable inflatable boat that he uses when he is scuba diving to scare the alligator away. I thought this would be a neat thing to have in your BC when doing some open water diving in the ocean as a safety device. I have, however, not been able to locate on on the web. Any of you every seen something like that.

Movies aside, life rafts are usually very large in Scuba terms. I would buy an personal Epirb and slip it into a canister. under $300 and the coasties will come find you asap. maybe it will not save you from a 60 ft alligator, but it is always part of my rig if I am diving more than swimming distance of the shore or there is any chance of current or anytime I dive in Mexico.

Movies aside, life rafts are usually very large in Scuba terms. I would buy an personal Epirb and slip it into a canister. under $300 and the coasties will come find you asap. maybe it will not save you from a 60 ft alligator, but it is always part of my rig if I am diving more than swimming distance of the shore or there is any chance of current or anytime I dive in Mexico.

What canister and unit do you use?

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom