Inexpensive Warm Water Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What are you grabbing underwater that you require Kevlar gloves for? Lobster hunting is one thing, but for general, zero-impact (and that means keeping your lunchhooks totally off stuff down there), green or purple nitrile exam gloves protect your hands from any errant stuff in the water. Plus the color helps you keep the pulled-off gloves from sliding out the scuppers of your boat and into a turtle's stomach.

Penetrations on torpedoed and old wrecks off NC coast pretty much mandate protective gloves or you'll come back up with chewed up hands.

What are you grabbing underwater that you require Kevlar gloves for? Lobster hunting is one thing, but for general, zero-impact (and that means keeping your lunchhooks totally off stuff down there), green or purple nitrile exam gloves protect your hands from any errant stuff in the water. Plus the color helps you keep the pulled-off gloves from sliding out the scuppers of your boat and into a turtle's stomach.

"lunchhooks" that's funny. But that is exactly what they are. When spearing fish and possibly using and resheathing your knife. I would recommend some type of protection in general. I do not have the kevlar gloves, my buddy does. I was using cheapo dive gloves, but have switched over to the darkfin gloves. There is a thread on here started with the darkifin gloves and since the requirement for a sample was an honest report, good or bad, posted here on Scubaboard. just do a search and you can find it, and follow along as people report back after using.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom