inexpensive shell suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wedivebc

CCR Instructor Trainer
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I am looking for some recommendations for an inexpensive bi-lam or shell type drysuit.
Has to be something other than Whites.

can I ask why not whites? A local guy picked up a Typhoon suit from Mike at Dive Rite in Scuba for a great price. it is a shoulder entry suit but it might be available otherwise for all I know. I was thoroughly impressed with the material, it looks really durable. if the Fusion didn't exist and I couldn't afford a custom cut CLX450 then thats what I would get. it is available custom but there is a longer delay in shipment I think.

just call mike, he will answer all your questions and hook you up with a great suit.

I think the Nexgen is pretty inexpensive. I've got about 150 dives on mine (over the last 3 years or so). I'm a fairly 'off the rack' fit though, so obviously that may make a difference.

It stores fairly compactly, seems to get dived a lot in our local waters, and I've had no serious issues with it (new neck seal just recently and a couple of small leaks fixed.)

One downside is that it is somewhat tough to keep the pockets glued on.

Hope that helps.

Bjorn

I am looking for some recommendations for an inexpensive bi-lam or shell type drysuit.
Has to be something other than Whites.

I'm very happy with my Nothern Diver Coretex. I think it was around $1000, which isn't cheap, but a lot less than DUI.

Terry

Thanks for replies so far, and PMs. I just want to clarify, I need to buy new ones and I need to deal directly with the mnf, distributor. I am hoping to get some user feedback as to what they like about their DS and what decent brand names are out there.

Thanks for replies so far, and PMs. I just want to clarify, I need to buy new ones and I need to deal directly with the mnf, distributor. I am hoping to get some user feedback as to what they like about their DS and what decent brand names are out there.

Unless you're a dealer, the chances of you dealing directly with a distributor or manufacturer are slim.

Terry

Unless you're a dealer, the chances of you dealing directly with a distributor or manufacturer are slim.

Terry
Yes I know, thank you

Bare Nex-Gens are hard to beat. I know a couple of commercial dive ops that use them. I think Bill at Pacific Pro Dive had them for $799 a while back I don't know if its still on.

Good Luck,
U/O

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom