Inexpensive diving??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To PM someone from a thread just click on their name and then select "Send a Private Message to {insert name here}". You can also click the QUICK LINKS menu and then select "Send New Message". Doing this you will need to begin spelling the person's name and select it from the list that appears.

And thanks for the info Kathy

Good call on the move, mods. A year ago I posted this exact question and received some strange answers like go to Coco View and your cost per dive will be low by making 5 dives per day. That might work, except that some of us would like to get through a week on two dives per day and a lot less money.

I am going to have to give this San Andreas place a look. Shore diving Bonaire does not work well for me as the Mermaid will not shore dive without a Sherpa to carry her gear to the sea, and I don't feel like a Sherpa these days. I still love the Bay Islands and believe that on a complete basis they offer the least expensive diving, if approached correctly. I will probably be going back before May first, and I have only been home from there since February 4th.
Contrary to the impression you could easily get around here, it's not against the law to boat dive in Bonaire, and boat dives there are cheap. Just for example from Sand Dollars site - $147 for 6 days of unlimited tanks, or $420 for 6 days unlimited tanks and 12 boat dives. And that's high season. Do the math that's only 22.75 for each 1-tank boat dive. Do some shore dives from your hotel with your unlimited tanks. No real sherpa-ing required for any of this, just grab your gear from the locker and walk down the dock. So if you can get decent airfare and a good package at one of the places on the water, ideally with a kitchen, you can still have convenience and pretty cheap diving there. I think we've done 3-4 trips to Bonaire and I can count the number of non-hotel shore dives we've done on one hand.

To PM someone from a thread just click on their name and then select "Send a Private Message to {insert name here}". You can also click the QUICK LINKS menu and then select "Send New Message". Doing this you will need to begin spelling the person's name and select it from the list that appears.

And thanks for the info Kathy

Your welcome! And thanks for the tips on more efficient PM ing!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom