Indoor exercises for diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I personally like a good elliptical machine better than a treadmill. They can work the arms and upper body to some extent and I find them easier on my knees. I can pick a program that raises and lowers the difficulty for the best cardio/aerobic results. One day I will go forward and the next in reverse.

For core strength I like to do Planks in several different forms.
For strength I do weight training about once week that covers arm upper body core and legs that takes me an hour plus.

Would anyone happen to have suggestions for a diver who has two trashed shoulders and two trashed knees? At one point I was a cyclist so my legs are still quite strong and in decent shape, but my core strength never was that great and I've managed to grow a gut since I'm not longer able to ride bikes or run. I need cardio/calorie burning more than I do muscle building.

Swimming is inconvenient for me since I only have access to a pool for about two hours one day a week, and just doing laps is mind numbingly boring. I can walk pretty much forever with no pain, but it's so low impact I don't think it helps much.

Is there a gym around that does water aerobics? My mother has terrible knees and used to love going to water aerobics because she had incredibly more mobility than she does on land.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom