Indonesian Bathroom Hygiene Practices?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From the pub in southern Manila

Attachments

• 20220515_213540.jpg
    20220515_213540.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 59
On the subject of the hose, if you had some animal feces smeared on your arm, would you want to wipe it off with paper or wash it off?

On the subject of the hose, if you had some animal feces smeared on your arm, would you want to wipe it off with paper or wash it off?
Many places that I have been are using cow dung for fuel.
Would you eat the food if the cook is using his/her own hand to add the fuel to the stove and the same hand to handle food?
We just pretended nothing happened and all have a good laugh afterward!!!

Contrary to the rest of the world, and after living here for > 40 years, squating is not often done by American. Many can’t even do it comfortably without having problem getting up. So, squating while pooping is not going to happen here.

You just have to grow up with it, like eating durian, which is a delicacy that most Americans dislike it because of the smell, which is fine smell to me. LOL
I’ve heard that about squatting (not just for pooping) in the context of weight lifting and it’s always baffled me because I can’t figure out when other Americans lost the ability. I can do it, what rite of passage did I miss? 🤣

My fiancé grew up in the Middle East and Europe and got me on the bidet seat bandwagon, though. We even installed one in our RV. (No heating on that one, though, which is Refreshing on a cold morning, let me tell you. 😳 🥶 )

I'm really bendy. Just am. So I've always squatted because if there's nowhere to sit it's just comfortable for me. Still is at 48.
But as has been said, it's not something Americans generally do. Or Europeans for that matter.
I guess if you stop when you grow up (whatever that means...) it becomes a problem? No idea.
But my father, who is a Vietnam Vet, used to yell at me for sitting like that because it reminded him of the Vietnamese!

But my father, who is a Vietnam Vet, used to yell at me for sitting like that because it reminded him of the Vietnamese!
Common sight in both china and Vietnam.

But as has been said, it's not something Americans generally do.
Have farmers and ranchers quit squatting since I was a kid? I'm only 53 fer chrissakes.

gettyimages-526755596-1024x1024.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom