Indonesia diving conditions in July/August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jasonreid50

Registered
Reaction score
Hey ScubaBoard colleagues!

Happy holidays to everyone! I am planning to head to Indonesia in July or August of 2018 (nothing arranged yet) for 7-10 days of live-aboard diving.

What are diving conditions like in July or August? My web-research suggests a mixed bag - hearing everything from "visibility will be fine in July/August" to "visibility sucks in July/August". Also hearing the same about weather conditions.

If anyone can speak specifically to diving around Komodo in those months, that would be an added bonus for me!

Would appreciate some honest and experienced feedback! Unfortunately I don't have much travel flexibility and those are the only months that I can go.

Thanks guys!!

July August is OK for North/central Komodo, often with great visibility however don't expect going south of Komodo due to heavy surge.
however this is not the best months for fish density, though you may stil find it ecxeptional. be aware Komodo is becomig so packed, you'll see more divers in some places than fish, i already counted more than 30 boats- (liveaboard and day trip boats altogether-) mooring around the manta spot.

July August is OK for North/central Komodo, often with great visibility however don't expect going south of Komodo due to heavy surge.
however this is not the best months for fish density, though you may stil find it ecxeptional. be aware Komodo is becomig so packed, you'll see more divers in some places than fish, i already counted more than 30 boats- (liveaboard and day trip boats altogether-) mooring around the manta spot.
Thank you!

So when is the best time to go to Komodo?

I've dived both the North and the South of Komodo in excellent conditions on one 10-day liveaboard trip ... warm water, good viz, calm seas, in late October. We had a few afternoon rain showers, but nothing significant. Maybe we were lucky, but it seems we hit it just right.

warm, 28C+ in the north, slightly cooler in the south and padar

Thank you! I'll be on a liveaboard for ten days in July. My travel agent chartered the entire boat so we'll have some flexibility if we want to stay more northerly.

any insight on how a non-diver on board a live-aboard dive boat would fare regarding sea-sickness - early June.....Komodo region...thank you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom