Indigo Industries Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mine's the huge polar bear shaped dog, but he's a dick to Zeke so he's not allowed to visit when Z's in residence.

I met a very huge dog there not long ago, but I don't think it was your boy as he wasn't very polar bear shaped.

Thought I'd fill in the details with a review of how they were during a real dive.

Took them to Baja first to a sidemount course, and then to a deep (130ft) dive in current.

They were OK on the course, not great for anything other than frog or flutter kicks, but I was expecting that. They're very light, and I should have checked whether they're neutral or negatively buoyant, but they did change my trim a little compared to my heavier OMS slipstreams, but nothing major.

Then took them on a deep dive in pretty strong current. I was a little wary that I'd be struggling with the current and so blow through my air quickly at that depth, but in fact I had no problem staying with the group, and felt I probably had less exertion than I would have done with my slipstreams. The 'upstroke' of the kick is much easier because there's less weight and so less inertia and thus swimming hard actually felt less tiring.

I liked them, not sure they'll be my first choice for a local dive, but they have their place and they're a great travel fin.

so they're good compared to the slipstreams? i use a slipstream and im curious about this too.. for travel.

different: the slipstreams have way better control if you want to do a helicopter turn, but the tac fins were less tiring for finning in current.

The tac fins felt weirdly more powerful despite their smaller size, not sure if that's the placement of the foot pocket or the stiffness. They were significantly lighter so much less tiring to kick with. although I didn't think to check if they were +ve or -ve buoyant.

If I was only allowed one set of fins to own I'd go with the slipstreams, but the tac fins are complimentary and I'm very happy to have them as a travel fin.

different: the slipstreams have way better control if you want to do a helicopter turn, but the tac fins were less tiring for finning in current.

The tac fins felt weirdly more powerful despite their smaller size, not sure if that's the placement of the foot pocket or the stiffness. They were significantly lighter so much less tiring to kick with. although I didn't think to check if they were +ve or -ve buoyant.

If I was only allowed one set of fins to own I'd go with the slipstreams, but the tac fins are complimentary and I'm very happy to have them as a travel fin.

so you have problems doing the helicopter turn on the tac fins? what about frog kick?

so you have problems doing the helicopter turn on the tac fins? what about frog kick?

frog & flutter and all variants thereof were fine, and tbh maybe I just need a few more dives to get the hang of them for more technical manoeuvres.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom