Indian Rocks Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Law5Guy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has someone here done the shore dive from Indian Rocks Beach? It is supposed to be good.. or at least that is what I have been told.

Anyone have a map/drawing of the dive site?

If not, anyone have some brief details they would like to share?
Where do you enter and exit?
What route to take underwater?
What makes up the site,,, Manmade or natural structures?

Thanks in advance...

I have no first hand experience with this site but this was copied from another thread:

I just got the specs on this from my friend today. It is actually Belleair Beach. I have not been there yet.

Details:

"It is on the Gulf side of Gulf Blvd. You take a LEFT after you come to Gulf Blvd off the Belleair causeway. Then you take a RIGHT on 22nd Ave. and park by the hotel. You walk to the beach and see the buoys."

I looked at the site on Google Earth, but couldn't tell if those were buoys in the water or something else. Supposedly not very deep (think Venice Beach) and lots of fish.

Lots of sharks on that beach during the summer too. As soon as the water heats up that beach (and particularly that area right around 22nd) comes alive with bait. I have seen and caught many nice sized sharks there. It is not very deep out past the buoys - only around 20' or so. I've never done a shore dive from there - but I've also never picked up on any structure while out on my boat. Only crab-pots.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom