Incredible PADI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rather than ***** here, why not complain to PADI? :eyebrow:

My experience with PADI DVD's are that they are somewhat worthless, and a good instructor can certainly work without one. But RU 100% sure your facts are correct?

In any event, complaining here is somewhat useless.... Tell PADI.

I wouldn't worry about it. It's not like there is any useful information in the video. It is just repeating what is in the book.

Yea, and they don't offer it in British either mate.

Do they have video of people kneeling on the bottom? :eyebrow:

muddiver:
Yea, and they don't offer it in British either mate.

OH NO no Cockney ????

If you really want a DSD DVD in another language, you might consider contacting PADI directly.

Padi has regional directors (working as a part of the regional offices), and they are to blame if there's some PADI materials missing a translation in the particular language. So if you want some material to be translated. Contact regional director responsible of the country speaking particular language. You can find their names and other information from PADI's regional pages like padi.se for Sweden, padi.fi for Finland etc.

Our teaching dvd's are in English, with Norwegian under texts. Since all Norwegians can read, and perhaps 95% of potential PADI students even understand English, we don't have a problem with this. I would expect bigger problems in countries like Germany and France, where they never show any tv films in their native language, but put on funny voices in their own language (Imagine my first, and last, visit in a German movie theatre. After a looong opening scene with street fighting, Bud Spencer gets it in the back of his head, gets pissed, and gives off a loud "scheise"! -Rapidly followed by five young Norwegians falling out of their chairs rolling on the floor laughing...).

Anyways, did I wander off topic again? With Germany I don't see why they haven't made a German version. -Big country. With France, no PADI - no problems. All CMAS...

Sure, the OW video and dvd are available in many different languages. But PADI created a dvd & video for DSDs for a reason.

Though PADI says the DSD dvd is hardly required, the DSD video came in many languages. Again, not without a reason.

I've noticed some scubaboard users don't like negative comments (this time about PADI) yet the only negative term I used was "incredible". Is that really so bad?

Cheers, Leroy

KOMPRESSOR:
Our teaching dvd's are in English, with Norwegian under texts. Since all Norwegians can read, and perhaps 95% of potential PADI students even understand English, we don't have a problem with this. I would expect bigger problems in countries like Germany and France, where they never show any tv films in their native language, but put on funny voices in their own language (Imagine my first, and last, visit in a German movie theatre. After a looong opening scene with street fighting, Bud Spencer gets it in the back of his head, gets pissed, and gives off a loud "scheise"! -Rapidly followed by five young Norwegians falling out of their chairs rolling on the floor laughing...).

Anyways, did I wander off topic again? With Germany I don't see why they haven't made a German version. -Big country. With France, no PADI - no problems. All CMAS...
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom