Incredible PADI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi there,

Did you know PADI's Discover Scuba Diving DVD is only available in english? That's right, other versions don't exist! Now how long has DVD been around? Five, ten years? I just can't understand that the world's largest dive educator, the people who teach the world how to dive, don't offer the DVD in different languages. Incredible.:confused:

What do you think?

Cheers, Leroy

Call PADI and ask them to provide a DVD in your native language. Though, it seems that you understand English just fine to me.

English is a Trade language. Everyone should know english :)

How about watching module 1 of the OW dvd? It's available in several languages.

kari

Hmmm strange because isn't their site multi lingual???

Watching module 1 of the OW DVD? Karibelle, you sound like you work for PADI (if you know what I mean). Then why creating DSD DVDs and videos in the first place?

Cheers, Leroy

Leroy Barclay:
Hi there,

Did you know PADI's Discover Scuba Diving DVD is only available in english? I just can't understand that the world's largest dive educator, the people who teach the world how to dive, don't offer the DVD in different languages. Incredible.:confused:

What do you think?

Cheers, Leroy
From the web..
"PADI operates offices in Australia, Canada, Switzerland, Japan, Sweden, the United Kingdom, New Zealand and the United States "
Doesn't sounds like the 'world' to me. So are you saying you want to see the Japanese DVD? Their web site does seem to be translated into more languages than would be indicated by their offices though.
PADI needs to make business decisions. If there was a demand for a Japanese version, I am guessing that they would produce one.

Myself, I might buy the Klingon version.

Well, because some people choose to only take DSD or Module 1. If I have a copy of that DVD, I can give it to a student who only requires that information.

Why don't you articulate the problem you are trying to solve, and maybe we can help.

kari

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom