Incident at Lake Pleasant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like the guy was diving with a rebreather. Don't know if it was a fun dive or a class or if one of the local shops were involved. Condolances to his family and his dive buddy.

Sounds like the guy was diving with a rebreather. Don't know if it was a fun dive or a class or if one of the local shops were involved. Condolences to his family and his dive buddy.

Where did the re rebreather info come from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No idea. The picture with the news story showed a bail-out bottle and upon closer inspection the BC had two small canister like shapes that looked like the o2 and dulient bottles of a rebreather. Tech buddies and follow up news reports verified the rebreather but not the brand. I think a couple of shops in town are selling/touting/demo-ing Posieden's new recreational rebreather but I can't tell from the picture if this was one of them.
Now MCSO is saying he died of natural causes. But they never said that the natural causes were. He was pretty young for a heart attack (says the 54 year old).

BTW, condolances also to the guy who tried to save him.

Thanks for the update Steve.

My friends and I were diving at Desert Tortoise that afternoon, and some other people that had been there all day mentioned a diver had a problem earlier that morning. Assuming it was this incident? Very sobering.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom