In what order should I purchase??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller

Contributor
Reaction score
Mesa Arizona, The all beach no ocean state.
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello

I have decided to swim with the fishes instead of catching them.. I have the basics but would like to get a complete set of gear so I don't have to rent when I blow bubbles.. I am looking at the MARES line of BC's and regs but can't decide on what order to purchase the equiptment? the fist major item I did purchase was nice two peice wetsuit good for a large variety of dive condtions the BC is what I think I want next but what about a reg..DC..camera..knife..boat?? help

Fishkiller,
Welcome to the boards, it's great to have you join the family.

As for the order in which you purchase gear, I can guarentee that you will get quite a few different opinions on that one... it's one of those 'can of worms' questions... but here goes:
  • Mask, Fins, Snorkel, Boots, Gloves, Hood (the personal stuff)
  • Safety Equipment (sausages, signaling devices, retainers etc)
  • Wetsuit/Drysuit
  • Dive Computer
  • Regulator System
  • BC
  • Communication Gear
  • Boat
  • DPV
  • Island
  • Your own postage stamp

Sea ya in the Deep Blue!

I agree with Mario to most degrees!

It is common that most divers first purchase, is a dive knife (research done by Diver Magazine in 2000). I personally bought mine last and I havent used it - ever!

Right - I am going to copy and paste Mario's ideas (with my changes!)

Mask, Fins, Snorkel
(Boots, Gloves, Hood - if your planning on doing colder diving - and depending on what fins you own. My first fins were full foot so boots were neccessary - now I have straps!)

Safety Equipment (sausages, signaling devices, retainers etc)

Wetsuit/Drysuit

BC

Regulator System

Dive Computer

Communication Gear

Boat

DPV - ok - I will leave this here cause I am showing how dense a cow I am - ok - I am from essex in the UK (were not too intelligent over here so - if anyone would like to fill me in I'd greatly appriciate it!)

Island - preferably a maldivian one!

Your own postage stamp - please make it self-adhensive - I hate the taste of licking them!!!!

Take care! xxx

LOL! abbey
A haaa an essex lass :)

DPV= Diver Propulsion Vehicle

Thank you for the information I have everything now except the boat and island and even stamp maybe next year:)

OOPS, I bought an island before a boat. Anybody want to take it off my hands for a good price? BTW, it is conveniently located in Northern AZ...
dmentia

LOL! Very funny stuff everyone, had a good chuckle about that one... not for the disclaimer for those members whom aren't familiar with Arizona's geography: Ehem, there are no islands in AZ because AZ is an inland state.

Now that faked out everyone else... how much are you asking for it? :D

Note to self: This is a world wide forum, goofball.

That just goes to show how provincial us bloody americans can really be, doesn't it?

Although, since Arizona is a mostly desert state, couldn't I have a desert island? :tease:
dmentia

Originally posted by Aegir
LOL! abbey
A haaa an essex lass :)

And what do you mean by that then Aegir????

hehe xxx

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom