in protest of sharknado...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carol_swimmom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I made up this fun t-shirt of our upcoming trip to Curacao
lionfishnad.jpg

Atleast those bastards would do some actual damage as debree flying around in the air...

I like it. In fact, if you could produce a quality product, you might could sell some of those.

Wasn't one of the theories about how they got their start in the Caribbean alleging that Hurricane Andrew destroyed an aquarium? (Link mentioning that).

So, y'know, you've actually got a historical precedent for your shirt...

Richard.

That's my understanding (the hurricane/aquarium origin) although I've heard conflicting reports that (1) they are all mostly of the same genetic material as these original lionfish and (2) there were actually multiple introduction, possibly due to small aquarium owners dumping the fish. I don't have the answers though.

Here we have a horribly invasive Asian seaweed (Sargassum horneri) that originated from a single introduction by a single commercial vessel in Long Beach Harbor (2003) but has now spread to the northern Channel Islands off Ventura and Santa Barbara and as far south as Guadalupe Island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom