In Miami. Need fish market recommendations and shore diving sites.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fuzzybabybunny

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm here for a few days with my parents who don't dive and require me to drive them around.

I thought I could squeeze in a dive, but after seeing that all seem to require a boat that goes from 8AM to 1PM, I don't think that is happening because my parents need me to drive them around and they just want to hang around Miami and Fort Lauderdale looking at real estate.

The most I can hope for is a good shore dive with my free diving stuff. Is this possible?

I feel like there's water water everywhere and not a drop I can dive in.

Also, I need to find a good fish market. One that has:

1. head-on shrimp
2. Is located right next to the water with boats bringing in the catch directly to the store.
3. Cheap cheap cheap

I did tons of research and we went to a few of the markets around the area.

Garcia's, the shop right next to Garcia's, and La Cameroneras. All got shot down by my parents for not seeming to be fresh enough.

Help!

There really isn't any shore diving in Miami, it's all in Broward County. If you're free diving and not SCUBA, you'll want to do the best shore dive in Florida.

Garcia's - (and I'm a 31 year Miami resident) has their own fleet - it does not get fresher; plus you are on the Miami River, which is a neat place to watch the boats (some ships too) go by.

If they question Garcias, you need to take them for sushi - its where we take visitors; we have never gotten a bad meal there - but stick w/ the local stuff - their salmon is good, but its obviously not local - so go w/ grouper, dolphin, swordfish, snapper - they will tell you what is the freshest if you ask the waiter.

Garcia's as Jupiter said.

Chug
Works near the river.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom