Impossibly hard scuba diving questions please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If they're too hard though... who would buy the game?

(speaking as a retailer)

NetDoc:
Do these have to be "Multiple Guess"?

diverdown13:
Im making a scuba diving trivial pursuit rip off board game

Trival Pursuit isn't multiple guess, so my guess is no.

howarde:
If they're too hard though... who would buy the game?

She may not want to market it. OTOH, some Triva Pusuit editions are pretty hard. How are they selling?

Walter:
She may not want to market it. OTOH, some Triva Pusuit editions are pretty hard. How are they selling?
Not sure which are best sellers. Nationwide... I have heard that they made easier questions, because previous versions made people feel dumb.

howarde:
Not sure which are best sellers. Nationwide... I have heard that they made easier questions, because previous versions made people feel dumb.

but people, on average, ARE dumb.... heck, take me for eksamble

PICK ME!! PICK ME!!

I want to be the first one to actually address the OPs question!

Something I found difficult in my IE was having to calculate 3 dive series with minimum times on the tables. An example would be (and I'm making this up so it might not actually work):

If you wish to be in PG M or better at the end of the following three dives, what is the minimum amount of time from the beginning of the first dive to the end of the last dive including surface intervals and safety stops.

Dive #1: 80' for 20 minutes
Dive #2: 65' for 37 minutes
Dive #3: 57' for 43 minutes

Have fun!

Rachel

She wanted the answers.

80' for 20 minutes put you in group E

65' (70' on the tables) has an NDL of 50 minutes. Since you are going to have an ABT of 37 minutes, your RNT can be no more than 13 minutes. At 70', group C gives you an RNT of 15 minutes, while group B yields an RNT of 9 minutes. It takes 3 hours 23 minutes to move from group E to group B. Returning to the surface in group J.

57' (60' on the tables) has an NDL of 60 minutes, which doesn't come into play with this example as you are making a deco dive.

When you say "M or better," I'm guessing you mean group M or a group with less nitrogen, not more. With that assumption, I'll continue. To finish in group M, you can have a TBT of no more than 100 minutes. Since you'll have an ABT of 43 minutes, your RNT cannot exceet 57 minutes. At 60', you'll have 52 minutes RNT as a group H diver. MOving from J to H requires 55 minutes.

So add everything up:

20 minute dive with 2 minutes 40 seconds to ascend (I'd recommend adding a couple safety stops, but you did say minimum time)

3 hours 23 minutes SI

37 minute dive with 2 minutes 10 seconds to ascend (same recommendation as before with regard to stops)

55 minute SI

43 minute dive with 1 minute 54 seconds to ascend and a 14 minute staged decompression stop at 10'.

That's a total of 6 hours 18 minutes and 44 seconds on the Navy tables.

no multiple guess, and I want it to be advanced level questions, this game isnt for students or anything big, Im just making because i can learn more while making it, and my friends and I can play it when a pool night is cancelled, I suppose I can drop the PADI section,its not really PADI specific, I just wanted a category that went along with all the courses and skills, like rescue procedure questions for example or even basic open-water stuff.which you would do in a course with any certification agengy. maybe Ill just call it skill review section or something.

Does that mean you do want my input?

What color is human blood when viewed 20+ feet underwater?

Oh, and I like the dive table question,that one could qualify as impossibly hard, but only for me, because in totally retarted at the dive tables and the wheel. So I guess Il put it in my game, because that way Ill have to work on it and figure it out. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom