DIR- GUE Importance of doffing/donning bp&w in water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alaskan Scuba Dude,

’Great videos, and I enjoyed watching them. But I would never dive in the situation of the last video. These guys were essentially doing two solo dives together, as neither diver was in a position to help the other diver. I solo dive, mostly, but in a river I’ve been diving for decades, and where I can surface immediately if needed. I’m now 76 years old, and so won’t be undertaking any DIR or GUE courses, as I won’t be doing that kind of diving. But I did run into a situation last summer which necessitated a doff and don, and it may be helpful to those here to see it, understand why I did the doff and don, and see both the mistakes I incurred and the reasoning through those mistakes.

SeaRat
How is your GoPro mounted? Do you have it mounted on your hood? If so how?

Inspirational dive video. I'm not a big fan of those Delrin cam belts. I have found that if you wet them prior to binding to the tank they tighten easier. My only suggestion is that you place a little lead in the BCD to manage it underwater or unclip the left side buckle when trying to don the BCD. I hope I'm still diving when I reach your maturity.

I have a very old bicycle helmet that I’ve mounted my GoPro mount to. It allows me to wear the helmet, or to hand-hold it, or even to put it down on the bottom. I’ll see if I can get a photo of it.

SeaRat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom