Imaginary Daiquiris

Will mstevens ever give cvchief daiquiris on the terrace?

• "What can be described as 'it seems almost comically unlikely, Alex'?"

• Isn't a daiquiri just a margarita made with rum instead of tequila? Or is that the other way 'round?

• What kind of person lugs a Vitamix to Cozumel just to make daiquiris?

• Are you entirely certain about all those i's in "daiquiri"?

• Where's the Kickstarter so I may contribute rum towards this worthy cause?

• Is "lashings" the most appropriate measure of rum quantity?

• Does a proper poll's response choices consist almost entirely of questions? Really?

• Wait, was one of the response options *not* a question?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mstevens

Toadfish. Splendid is implied but not guaranteed.
Reaction score
After nearly 8 months off-island due to some family awfulness, I'll finally be back in a couple of days. My daughter's birthday is soon, and I can't be here at that time.

I'm not sure I'll be diving because my knees seem to have aged disproportionately relative to the rest of me and it's not looking good for getting off and on boats.

I am looking forward to so many of the other things I enjoy while there, such as getting new plates for the vehicles, dealing with the fact that Telmex still hasn't ported my number after over a year so I can finally get rid of Cablemas, doing the usual multiple trips looking for parts for things that need repair, and listening to my favorite early morning lullaby.

17991201_281297658963969_6404392350254898770_n.jpg

Perhaps most of all, though, I look forward to saying I'm going to have cvchief and Susanita over and share daiquiris with them on the terrace. We've built an enduring tradition of that (saying we're going to do it) and then running into schedule conflicts or various other impediments. Now we have most of a nice Napoleon grill there, with the rest arriving this trip, so henceforth I'll be able to add not providing food to not giving them rum and lime drinks.

14457254_945907325514658_865773045988141355_n.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom