Images from Bali and Lankayan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gabyne

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Great pics gabyne. Thanks for posting.

RJ

Great pitures! It’s been yrs since I dove Bali, it looks like the area is still pretty healthy, what was your impression? We used to dive Lombok quite a bit and not to long ago saw an article that the reef was being devastated by fishing and farm run off, did you see anything like that in the areas you visited?

mjh:
Great pitures! It’s been yrs since I dove Bali, it looks like the area is still pretty healthy, what was your impression? We used to dive Lombok quite a bit and not to long ago saw an article that the reef was being devastated by fishing and farm run off, did you see anything like that in the areas you visited?
Since it was the first time on Bali for me, I cannot compare to former times but I was very much impressed - I liked the diving a lot! We dove Menjangan, Secret Bay, Tulamben Wreck and some other spots on the North Coast close to Sambirenteng - the reefs (wherever there were reefs) were looking healthy. I saw no signs of bombing or cyanide etc. Fish life was very good, although not many big ones but a good variety on the smaller creatures (especially critters like frogfish, leaffish, scorpionfish, crabs, eels...).

Your pictures are absolutly amazing, especially your macro work. You got some great nudibranchs pictures as well.

I can't get either page to open for me. ;( I'll try again later...

Back
Top Bottom