Im thinking about a trip to Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mking1

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Fellow Divers:
Great site. Just found it a few weeks ago. Short introduction: Male/50/first dive ‘88/hooked/rather dive than eat/retired.
I’m considering a trip to Florida this spring, April most likely, and need a little help: besting diving locations, places to stay and best dive operators.
I’ve been diving for 12 years with over 500 dives, not too picky on sleeping accommodations, driving from Texas so I’ll have transportation, expected trip duration is 2 to 3 weeks. Current interest: Ft. Lauderdale to the Keys. No fresh water interest this trip.
Any help will be appreciated.

Miles.

in Boyton Beach!!! My favorite boat to dive off of...

And by the way... WELCOME to the friendliest board on the nte, SCUBA or oterwise. I hope you meet as many great people and learn as much as I have!!!

Welcome Neighbor! What part of Houston are you in? We live on the east side near Baytown.

We love Pompano Beach, about 15 min. north of Ft. Lauderdale. We were there in July and had a great time diving the wrecks in the area. We used South Florida Dive Headquarters I can't say enough about their operation....fun, friendly, very safe, great boats both large and small.

There are a few folks from Florida here who can give you plenty of information.

The diving from West Palm to the Keys is the best in Florida, but there is some "Okay" diving from Pensacola to Panama City. I've heard good things about the "Ultimate Getaway" which does a weekend live-aboard to the Dry Tortugas from Ft Myers.

Here's one of many links to Keys accomodations:

Fishin' Buddies

I've locked in my accomodations for a Key Largo Trip in May, and will settle on one or two dive operators soon. I'll be glad to pass on that info later.

Welcome Aboard!

Take your own depth gauge, cause as we all know.....................................They have a hard time with numbers!

Hi and welcome, from Rochester NY
Since It's gotten colder here, I'm usually thinking about a trip to Florida. :D:

Enjoy,

Was great... Air temp was 71, and the water temp was 72! Daughter did great, fish were aggressive! Did I ever mention how much I love Florida???

I would have to say anywhere from West Palm to the keys would be great. I am in Delray Beach and am fairly new to diving but dove off of the Diversity and the Lady Go Diver both out of the Boca raton/Pompano area. Had a great time on both boats and would dive off of them again! There is also some nice beach dives in the area if you dont want to do a boat .

Thanks to everyone for the welcome and information.

Dee: I live in west Houston off I-10 just outside the beltway. Looks like I’ll add Pompano Beach to my agenda.

I might stop off in the Pensacola / Panama City area to visit some old friends so I might as well get a little wet while I’m there.

Miles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom