I'm so excited!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamesK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
And I just can't hide it.....

*ugh that was cheesy*

Anyway, I just got word from my dive group that plans have changed for this weekend. We were originally going to just hit the springs in Florida this weekend, however not anymore. Friday we are going to dive Ginnie Springs so I can continue my cavern training, Saturday we are going to dive Vortex and do my first night dive, and then on Sunday we are going to the Redneck Riviera so I can do my first ocean dive! Then on Monday we are just going to pick a spring and do some relaxing diving before heading home.

I can't wait, I am about to explode! I thought it was hard enough to wait for this weekend, now it is almost impossible!

Sorry for the rambling guys. I trust most of you will understand though.

Originally posted by Big James

Anyway, I just got word from my dive group that plans have changed for this weekend. We were originally going to just hit the springs in Florida this weekend,...

Oh, yeah, that would have been just awfull! :wink:

Signed,

Trapped in Jersey

Ginnie should be fine but the springs off of the suwanne river will be blown out this weekend. The river has already risen several feet and will get worse by the weekend. This will effect springs in the Luraville and Branford areas.

I wish you good vis and smooth seas. Seems like you are doing alot of firsts this week. Good luck, dive safe, and educated.

Dude, You lucky, lucky, lucky diver you!

Were just stuck here wish and hoping for the weather to warm up!

I am going to be doing my very first dive this Saturday at Vortex. :D I am just as excited as you are. By the way were is Ginnie Springs???

Originally posted by icemyst7
I am going to be doing my very first dive this Saturday at Vortex. :D I am just as excited as you are. By the way were is Ginnie Springs???

Well, maybe I will see you at Vortex then! Good Luck! You are in for a treat!

Ginnie Springs is near Lake City. Here is a link to it http://ginniespringsoutdoors.com/

Wendy, thanks for the heads up. I was looking at the Spring Stats on cavediver.net and noticed the SR is getting full. Hopefully this will not effect Ginnie in anyway, since it is still showing clear and flowing.

SpyderTek and k4sdi, sorry guys. You are more then welcome to come on down and dive with us!

Ginnie Springs is located outside the town Of High Springs, Florida and is just above the Gainesville exits on I-75.
Ginnie is always clear and flowing since I've been going up there. I don't think will have anything to worry about.:)

Gee....I wish I had that problem! hehe

Have a great time! :thumb:

Originally posted by icemyst7

Keep your eyes peeled for the man-eating bream!! No, really they are quite harmless, and you wont have to look too hard for them. They literally will almost swim right into your mask with you. They are used to being hand fed, so they come looking for a handout. At times I had at least 40 of them within 5 feet of me, some of them pecking on my mask lens.

Also look for the schools of carp. They were pretty long (12-16") and the schools I saw numbered about 20 or so. They always kept thier distance from us though.

Enjoy it! I know you will. :)

I was supposed to be starting vacation this Friday with a trip to Vortex planned for Mar 15, but #@!% happens, and instead, I'll be shovelling snow.;-0

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom