I'm so confused! Trying to decide on next dive to do.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Downing once again is Spot On with his information and recommendation.

Downing, safe travels my friend. I wish I had the re$ource$ to come down and join you and Ralph & Patty for a day of Splash Diving. ENJOY!!!

Last edited:
I'm sure we'll hook up someday. If not in Placencia, then perhaps on Caye Caulker as CC is still on my bucket list.

Will be touching down in beautiful Goldson International in just a little over 24 hours. No matter how many times I go I still get excited. For whatever reason(s), Belize just feels like home to me.

Well, you don't have to convince me. After our last trip to CT in May, I realized I have 100% adopted the Go Slow attitude. I've pretty much made up my mind that I am here for the long term. So let me know when you're coming, well have a blast.

I've made an agreement with my dive master that his company will take my ashes and spread them evenly at Esmeralda & Tackle Box. We both agree we hope it will be his 7yo daughter''s crew doing it, after he turns the business over to her. LOL

Oh yeah, when you stop getting excited, it's time to find a new dive destination.

Only took me 16 years. Now it's been 20 years and I'm not so sure I get that feeling of being home anymore, no matter that Immigration greets me with "welcome home". :(

Not sure I would recommend drift diving to someone with only 8 dives after OW.
First, groups are divided into competency groups. Then, there's the awesome mentoring that happens on these dives. They would do way OK.

First, groups are divided into competency groups. Then, there's the awesome mentoring that happens on these dives. They would do way OK.

Just my reservations. When I had only 8 dives, drifting would have been a task load I would not have wanted. I was still working on buoyancy, trim, and other skills introduced in OW and had a way to go before I got them all down to reflex. Adding drifting, a camera, or any other task wouldn't have been prudent.

I was still working on buoyancy,
I usually offer a shortened version of my trim & buoyancy class for any at an invasion or splurge at no charge. We have unlimited diving on the house reef so give me an hour and I'll get you hovering like a laid back turtle. But to clarify, newbies are given easy dives to begin with, even in Cozumel and they advance the level of difficulty as they progress during the week. It's an awesome way to get in a bunch of dives with mentors to help you figure things out. BTW, what's easier than a drift dive? The boat follows YOU so navigation's a breeze. I'm not aware of any problem encountered when you're drifting with the current that's not increased a hundredfold by having to combat it with stationary boat diving. I know you haven't been on an invasion, so it might be hard to get your mind around it, but it's a great place to learn and relearn diving with some great mentors. Did I mention the mentors, yet? :D Unless you're on my boat, then it's more of a dementor thang. :D :D :D Remember, whatever happens in Coz gets posted on ScubaBoard; especially during the Invasions! Woot!

I've thought that diving Cozumel is as easy as easy can be. It is my opinion that if a person can pass OW without the ability to control basic buoyancy there's a real problem with their training and certification.

My husband and I began our diving experience in Grand Cayman as our first experience (Dec. 2017). We spent 10 days there and got our PADI Open Water. Throughout our time we did 8 dives and deepest was 77 feet on our last day. I must give a shout out to Pirate Divers GC! They were an amazing group to dive with and we spent our entire diving with them. We've now decided to get our Advanced Open Water and spend another 7-8 days diving. We are planning for first part of May and I had originally thought about going back to GC. But, wanted to explore another place and landed on Belize. However, I keep getting mixed reviews of a great place to dive and not a great place to dive. Can some of you long time divers "enlighten" me if we will enjoy getting our advanced cert. and doing more dives. We absolutely are in love with it! We didn't start diving until we were retired... Help!!!

Since you are new to diving you should definitely try out many different destinations. I am sure that you will fall in love with some of them, like others, and think that others are just okay, but you will probably have a good time at all of them.

But while you are looking, since you first fell for diving on Grand Cayman, keep in mind that there are 3 Cayman islands and the 2 small sister islands of Little Cayman and Cayman Brac are very different from Grand Cayman, but still really nice places to visit; and some of us think that the diving is even better!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom