I'm new and want to learn!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sarahdive

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My name is Sarah and I'm from Upstate Western New York. My husband and I are newly Open Water certified and have sooo many questions.
Our goal is to move out of NY and down to the Keys in 8 years (youngest goes off to college) and purchase a catamaran or sailboat and liveaboard. We want to become SCUBA instructors, Rescue Divers, and Wreck divers. We are both certified EMT's and would love to expand on that. We want to start a charter business and take folks out to snorkel or SCUBA or the sail the open water.
I've lived 5 minutes from Lake Ontario my entire life and I love the water!!! Now if I could only live in it....

Thanks for reading!

Sounds like you have it all mapped out!As for living in the water you could always spend a weekend at Jules Verne Undersea Lodge in Key Largo...Good luck & welcome aboard...

Wow, what a great plan. Eight years is more than enough time to get yourself and your husband very experienced with scuba diving, as well as plan out your future. I suggest checking out the New York subforum at ScubaBoard. The Basic Discussions and the New Discussions sections should help answer most of your questions.

Keep diving and stay safe!

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Go for it!

Back
Top Bottom