I'm looking for some sales...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alec7

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi guys, I'm pretty new to diving and I'm starting to look into getting my own equipment (BC, Reg, and computer.) I live in Florida, so there are a lot of dive shops available here, but none of them seem to have any good deals. Is there a certain time of the year when dive equipment is on sale, via LDS, or a website such as Scubatoys?

Thanks,

Alec

Thanks for all the website links!

Live anywhere near Ft. Lauderdale? The Divers Direct store there has to be one of the best I've ever seen.

Seemed to have good prices also at least on the few things I checked - we were killing time waiting for a flight so I didn't buy anything. Just off I-95 by the airport.

or a website such as Scubatoys?

A lot of pricing structure is mandated by manufacturers. Your best thing is to give us a call, and we can try to work out some kind of package with you and try to find the best gear for your diving and budget.

Call Joe and Larry at ScubaToys. They're the best!

Diver's Direct in Orlando deeply discounts things that are "last year's model". I saved a bunch on regulators, computer, and a wetsuit that way. Sometimes, these bargains are just advertised on little cards in the store, and not online.

Patience is the key. If you live close to of of their stores, stop by often.

My LDS sells off all their rental gear each year, one close to you may do the same. Got my wife a Henderson Hyperstretch for $125.

I have only dealt with Scubatoys as far as online buying goes, and I was more than satisfied with they service. First of all, I ordered roughly around $1800 worth of gear from them at one time, among it being four tanks. Originally, I would have had to pay $135 to ship the tanks, but they were only had 2 in stock, and had to backorder. As a result, I only had to wait 3 days, and they sent me the new tanks with no shipping! Good deal! Also, they will match or beat any other price that any other online dealer throws at them. I wanted to buy a din fill checker, but discovered that Leisure Pro had the same thing for $40 less. So, I call in to Scubatoys, and ask if they can beat it. They not only beat the price, but they also tossed in a FREE DIN TO YOKE CONVERTER!!!! Roughly about $60 from Scubatoys, the cheapest I've found so far. Scubatoys also offers free shipping on goods that cost more than $50 (excluding tanks), So I only had to pay $60 to get $1800 worth of gear sent to me! Another great deal!!!! Scubatoys generally has the cheapest price there is. I bought a Bare Arctic 2 piece 7mm. wetsuit from them for $270. All the other places I say were $400! Knives, EMT shears, fin straps, weight pockets, and other gear from them is the cheapest I've found yet! In short, I want to say thankyou to Joe and Larry for their excellent service and dependability. I will definitely go back to them for more! Thank you guys!!!

FOR THE REST OF YOU DIVERS, I know that I kinda sound like a plant for Scubatoys, but I can assure you I am not. Many dive shops are often much more expensive than online dealers, and that is why I do most of my buying online. I would also warn you about buying from online stores that are not recognized as dealers by manufacturers. If you buy a reg or any other warranty item from them, and have to claim the warranty, the manufacturer will not recognize the warranty because they have no idea what the non-dealer has done to their equipment.

I hope that helps,
Taylor
Vicdiver656

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom