I'm going to quit smoking!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What a wonderful gift to yourself and your family!!! I remember when my folks finally quit, it was the best way they ever showed that they loved me.

ok, day one has started!! its not too bad soooo far. I've only been up an hour though and I've brushed my teeth twice, took a shower, flossed and brushed again.

I have done this before, but I had gotten in some trouble and was somewere I couldnt smoke for 3 months (also how I quit drinking :) ). I just remember that the first 3 days are the worst. And to brush my teeth about 8 times a day :D

Merry Christmas everyone!

My wife and I quit 6 years ago after smoking 2 packs a day since our teen years.
Chewing gum and straws helped us and putting away your cig money in a seperate container is an added incentive

Ok, I dont know if anyone cares or not, but I think this will kinda let me vent a little :D
I still am yet to smoke a cig today. It wasnt all that bad for the most part except for driving for about an hour, 3 times today. That is usually my main smoke time, since I am very hyper active at times and get VERRY bored in cars! The only thing at those times that kept me sane was making my g/f drive while I read a book.

Anyways, so far, so good! (except I think I gained about 5 lbs today, but Im blaming that on Christmas food)!

Tavi, hows it going with the no cigars?

woohoo! thanks almity, I knew someone was here to cheer me on (just got lucky and you were the one to do it).

I think I may feel a little better already (maybe its just all in my head), I just dont wanna get fat cuz I seem like I wanted to eat all day. Anyways, Im gonna keep up with it!!

tell me aboot it... im doing my best to loose weight (lost 100lbs so far) so ANY addiction is tough

i found it best (food wise) to tackle it in small doses of time... i try not to look too far ahead so i get thru the next 5hrs is my aim

ive heard smokers need to keep their hands & minds busy... why dont you go and fully strip down and clean your gear :wink:..though... my mum gave up smoking overnight, she just had to break her hip and end up in hospital for weeks to do it so dont even think about doing it this way

better still... go on a dive-fest for the next few days to keep you busy

Wow, great job on the weight loss!! and judging by your aviator, you are probably at a perfect weight now That is my next thing I need to work on. I have gained 20 pounds since April this year. I did need some of it, but not 20 lbs of it!! I am planning a little 2 day dive trip this coming up weekend. Actually being on the computer is what is helping me the most. It keeps my mind busy.

Driving IS tough at first, as most smokers are used to firing up then. It will take a little while to figure out that you can drive and do nothing else! Take a bottle of water or cup of coffee with you when you have to drive, it helps keep your hands busy.

Good luck, keep up the good work!

hlcdlc:
Take a bottle of water or cup of coffee with you when you have to drive, it helps keep your hands busy.

Good luck, keep up the good work!

I had a bottle of water, a book, wallet, extra set of keys, 2 cell phones and a pen in my lap after an hour in the car!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom