I'm finnally going to Lake Travis!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcain1

Contributor
Reaction score
After being in Texas for some 5 years I am going to go down to Lake Travis. I plan on doing some diving and checking out the lake. I have been looking at and adding my comments to the SB/ Texas Swamp Divers board over the past couple weeks.

Any comments or advice on this board will help me or if you see me and can give me some advice on where to go and dive I would greatly appreciate it. I plan to be on the lake Saturday afternoon. I have a 22’yellow Stingray with a tower.

I am just looking for a nice dive and stuff to see. I have been diving for years (15+) but my wife is a new diver and I want to keep it simple and not to deep. I am not a diver who thinks you have to go down a mile to have a good dive. Personally, some of my best dives have been around 30 feet.

Thanks for any input!

PS. I am coming from the Killeen area so I have no clue where to launch my boat at.

rcain1:
After being in Texas for some 5 years I am going to go down to Lake Travis. I plan on doing some diving and checking out the lake. I have been looking at and adding my comments to the SB/ Texas Swamp Divers board over the past couple weeks.

Any comments or advice on this board will help me or if you see me and can give me some advice on where to go and dive I would greatly appreciate it. I plan to be on the lake Saturday afternoon. I have a 22’yellow Stingray with a tower.

I am just looking for a nice dive and stuff to see. I have been diving for years (15+) but my wife is a new diver and I want to keep it simple and not to deep. I am not a diver who thinks you have to go down a mile to have a good dive. Personally, some of my best dives have been around 30 feet.

Thanks for any input!

PS. I am coming from the Killeen area so I have no clue where to launch my boat at.

here is a website that may help.
http://www.texasdiver.com/tdiver.pl?sites.austin.lake_travis

Tx_Jeff:
I am trying to locate some of the maps that I have found for spots on the lake.
Mansfeild Dam has a place for you to launch your boat, but it also has a dive area
the you walk down to and has some interesting objects down there.
I will post the links to the maps when I find them.

Thanks! look forward to getting the maps. If you have any treasure maps that would be cool.

Back
Top Bottom