I'm finishing OW today!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boliver_69

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've got my gear in the car, about to head out. :D We are heading over to Vortex since the Gulf has been so icky lately. This is going to be my first time with all of my new gear too. I've been doing all of my pool and my 1st 2 OW dives wearing a Ladyhawk, I bought the Bella, so I'm sure I'm going to have to get adjusted to not having a back inflate. Yay for me!

Next...on to AOW

We look forward to a full report.

Good luck is sent.....

Good luck, and if you ever need a dive buddy, feel free to PM me. I don't know where you live in Alabama, but I'm in Tuscaloosa, and I dive ABWA on a regular basis, as well as various local lakes and Vortex Springs.

Greetings Boliver69 and congratulations on your certification. It is good to hear of your gear purchase. I have found it means more comfort and more diving when you own it!
Keep practicing your skills and keep diving as much as you can, read and research here on SB. Training really is awesome when it is diving! Continue to dive with in your limits and SAFE diver. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

I'm sure all went well yesterday, so CONGRATS!!!! Hope you had fun!!

It was an awesome day! water was a little cool, but not too bad. If you listened to the younger guys that dove, it was freezing. I wore a 3 mil and never got truly cold.

My new gear is absolutley amazing!! The Bella solved so many issues I was having in the water. I had control of my floaty feet, and had no problems establishing bouyancy or hovering that I had struggled with on every other pool session or dive. For the first time, I got to enjoy the dive instead of fighting to stay down.
I had to fight to get my ears to equalize, but the goldenrod blooming everywhere is at fault for that. My instuctor told me I looked like a real diver and not a student in the water. No silting! I am so proud of myself!

the water was beautiful. My first 2 OW dives were on the Whiskey wreck- less than 5' vis and pre-Gustav currents. The huge difference between that and Vortex made the dive so much more enjoyable. My buddy didn't really stick with me much, but the same happened with him on the whiskey. He was more interested in staying by his friends, and kept silting me out and I had to dodge his feet. :no:I definitly don't want to dive again with someone who isn't interested in sticking with me.

All in all It was an awesome trip!!!! I can't wait to get in the water again!!!!!!:D

Congratulations! Now you've gotta do a few quarry dives, just to remind you how nice that clear, warm ocean water is :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom