Lessons I'm back; experience of a hacked account

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

An entire 0.000761035% of my year.

Unacceptable. You IT people need to do better.

:outtahere:

I hear it every day :coffee:
I try and convince work to go to MFA.

Apparently elected officials aren't big fans of memorizing long passwords and having the inconvience of MFA...

I just ask if they want to be like riviera Beach. Strangely, I'm not asked to be a part of those conversations anymore.

As a caveat: All staff are SB staff are required to use 2FA now after the update. Personally, I use Google Authenticator on my phone as the second authenticator. It remembers my device for up to 30 days. However, if you purge cookies, you'll have to re-authenticate earlier.

As a caveat: All staff are SB staff are required to use 2FA now after the update. Personally, I use Google Authenticator on my phone as the second authenticator. It remembers my device for up to 30 days. However, if you purge cookies, you'll have to re-authenticate earlier.
You know it's going to come up, but is there a way for users to enable 2FA?

Why yes, yes there is...

Screenshot_20210929-084236.png

I use the Google app as well.

I'm working on a FAQ thread to help explain all this as clearly as I can in case any of our members happen to be computer-challenged but want security on their ScubaBoard (and other) account. Any suggestions are welcome. Descriptions of confusion and problems you have had with 2FA would help. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom